What are bifacial solar panels？
Traditional solar panels (monofacial solar panel) only can capture sunlight from the front side, while refection from back side is wasted.In contrast, bifacial solar panels are able to capture sunlight from both front and back surfaces. Bifacial solar panels’ back surface can utilize sunlight reflected from the ground or the panel around when the front exposes to direct sunlight. This allows the panels to generate power from the front and back which make them more efficient.
Why choose bifacial solar panels?
- High efficiency:There is an overall increase in power generation since the panels can generate the power from both sides of panels.They can produce extra 9%～15% electricity than monofacial solar panels.
- Taking up less space: Fewer panels are needed to meet your power demand and you can save more space for other needs.
- Work in winter & cloudy days: Unlike monofacial solar panels, bifacial solar panels capture sunlight from the back, and it works well even the light is reflected or partially blocked by clouds. In winter. they can still generate electricity from back if the front is covered with snow.
How to install bifacial solar panels for more output?
- Ground mounting system with solar tracker.The tracking system can adjust angle and make sure the solar panels face sunlight in the daytime, and this will increases extra 40% output daily than the fixed mounting brackets. It can increase another 30% output if using bifacial solar panels.
Suitable for ground mountings for residential and commercial, sandy areas, rocky areas, and snow areas. Please adjust panels tilt 20°~60° for the best performance.
- Perfect for swimming pool glazing installations, sunroom and greenhouse.
Although bifacial solar panels can be used in residential installations, they can not maximize the performance when installed on a roof. We do not recommend laying them flat on any surface, like the roof. Bifacial solar panels are more expensive than monofacial panels (10% production cost).Please place them in the right place to get the best investment return.