Lithium batteries (Lifepo4) are becoming more and more common in daily life.What would you do if you’re experiencing issues with the lithium battery? Now, check out these common problems and troubleshooting solutions!
1.Capacity Loss / Insufficient Capacity
Solution: Please keep the battery in 25°C environment, and charge the battery to the full and then discharge it to empty at 0.5C rate. Low temperature, excessive charge and discharge current, and the accuracy of measuring instruments will all affect the test results.
Note:“0.5C" is referred to the current rate of the battery, for example, 100AH battery,0.5C current is 0.5*100=50 A.
2. Why my lithium battery is not charging?
(1) The charger may not match to the battery.
Solution: Please use lithium battery charger to charge and adjust the charging current to charge at 0.5C or below.
(2) The battery is in the BMS low-voltage protection state which means the output port is disconnected at this time.
Solution: Please activate the lithium battery before charging, or replace the charger (or solar controller) with activation function.
3.Why my lithium battery can not discharge?
(1) The battery is in BMS protection status for the low voltage.
(2) High battery temperature triggers the BMS high temperature protection.
(3) High discharge watt triggers the BMS discharge over-current protection.
Solution: Please fully charge the battery before discharging, and ensure that the discharge conditions do not exceed the battery's allowable range.
4.The battery cannot be charged to the maximum rated voltage.
(1) May set the incorrect charging voltage of battery charger or choose the incorrect charging voltage and battery type of the solar controller.
(2) Trigger temperature protection or charging over-current protection.
(3) The consistency between the cells inside the battery have declined with the increasing cycle times. At this time, it may not charge to the maximum rated voltage. This is normal and will not affect the battery function.
Solution: Please choose the correct charger, or set the charging voltage of the solar controller to a reasonable voltage. Also ensure that the charging rate will not exceed the allowable range of the battery, and keep the battery in an optimum temperature and ventilation environment.
5.The battery cannot be discharged to the minimum rated voltage.
(1) High cut-off discharge voltage of the load may cause the battery to stop working when it is discharging.
(2) Trigger temperature protection or discharging over-current protection.
(3) The consistency between the cells inside the battery have declined with the increasing cycle times. At this time, it may not discharge to the maximum rated voltage. This is normal and will not affect the battery function.
Solution: Please check whether the cut-off voltage of the load device is reasonable and ensure that the discharge rate will not exceed the allowable range of the battery.
6.The battery fully charges quickly and then drains quickly.
(1) The charging and discharging current exceeds the rated current.
(2) The battery capacity has decayed for the long time use.
Solution: Make sure that the charging and discharging current at the reasonable range of the battery, or replace it with a new one if the battery lifespan is closed to the maximum limit.
7.Battery voltage exceeds maximum rated voltage.
(1)The battery voltage may reach the BMS protection voltage when the it is fully charged in the solar system, then the BMS will shutdown.The voltage displayed by the controller is the voltage of the solar panel which is not the battery voltage.
(2) One of the batteries' BMS is in the shutdown protection state when several batteries are connected in series. The voltage you check at this time is not the really voltage of the batteries.
Solution: Please cut off connection between batteries from the battery bank and test them separately.
Eco-Worthy Is Here for You
If you need help, we're standing by and offering the 24/7 customer service from professional sales and technicians.